Health Certificates

Health Certificates – In-house lab certified to run Coggins (EIA)

A Health Certificate is required for horses traveling across state lines. To issue a health certificate, the horse must be examined by a veterinarian within 30 days of the date of travel. Additional steps are required for horses traveling into Canada. Horses must also have a current coggins to be issued a health certificate. Some states also require a travel permit in addition to a health certificate.

A Coggins Test tests for the prevalence of Equine Infectious Anemia (EIA). All horses traveling to and from horse events (shows, auctions, etc.) must have a current coggins. In the state of Minnesota, a coggins test must be current within 12 months. In the state of Wisconsin, a coggins test must be current within that calendar year. Sunrise Equine runs in house digital coggins issued through Global Vet Link.